The Muvi Atom automatically saves a file every 30 minutes and if the battery runs out whilst recording, the Muvi Atom will also automatically save the film before switching off.
The Muvi Atom’s microphone is so sensitive that when you first put it in sound activation mode it will pick up the sound of the switch turning on which therefore means that it will record for 2 minutes, even if the room is silent. It will then go into standby mode and will only wake up if it hears sound.
Please ensure that you have installed the software that came with the Muvi Atom. Even if you do not want to use your Muvi Atom as a webcam, you still need to install the software as this can affect playback.
There are two options:
1. The most comprehensive solution for playing AVIs on Mac OS X is to convert the .avi files to QuickTime .mov files using freeware tools from 3ivx.
2. Many AVIs can be played in QuickTime by installing the freeware DivX for Mac CODEC. While this plug-in has been continuously improved, the sound in some AVIs will sometimes be either missing or distorted.
1. Plug your device into the Mac using the USB cable and turn the power switch on
2. Once the Mac recognises the device, double click on the driver icon that appears on your desktop.
3. Enter the DCIM folder and enter the next folder. (The name of this folder can change but it is usually starts ‘100’ and is usually the only folder in DCIM.
4. Double click on the film file that you wish to play and the film should automatically start playing in Quicktime.
Yes the Muvi Atom can use microSDHC cards up to the size of 16GB.
The level of noise that you are experiencing with the camera is normal. Due to the sound activation function on the Muvi Atom the microphone is extremely sensitive therefore it will always pick up noise even in a quiet room.
If you use the snapshot button whilst recording in normal mode the Muvi Atom will take a picture and stop recording. If you use the snapshot button whilst recording in the sound activation mode then the Muvi Atom will take a picture and then continue to film.
Unfortunately it is not possible to change time and date that is already stored in the Muvi Atom.
You can use the Muvi Atom as a webcam, using the software that is provided with the product. Open MDCap_en, and turn both the VOX switch and power switch on. Please note that this feature is not available when using a Mac operating system.