Unfortunately it is not possible to charge your Muvi and record at the same time using a USB wall charger or USB car charger. It is only possible to record and charge at the same time when using a PC.
To change the date and time stamp on a Mac computer follow these instructions.
1. Connect your Muvi Pro to your computer and turn the power switch on (VOX switch off) so that the Muvi Pro appears as a removable disc on the Desktop.
2. Open TextEdit (located in Macintosh HD, Applications).
3. Select Format from the toolbar and then select Make Plain Text. If this option is not there, but instead says Make Rich Text, ignore this step.
4. Type in the current date and time in the following format: YYYY.MM.DD HH:MM:SS i.e. 25th November 2011 at 6.05pm and 40 seconds would read 2011.11.25 18:05:40
5. Select File from the toolbar and then select Save As.
6. Call the file time and then save the file next to the DCIM directory in the Muvi Pro file system.
7. Unmount the Muvi Pro and immediately turn it off and on.
8. The file should be consumed and the time should be now set.
You can use the Muvi Pro as a webcam, using the software that is provided with the product. Open MDCap_en, and turn both the VOX switch and power switch on. Please note that this feature is not available when using a Mac operating system.
The Muvi Pro’s microphone is so sensitive that when you first put it in sound activation mode it will pick up the sound of the switch turning on which therefore means that it will record for 2 minutes, even if the room is silent. It will then go into standby mode and will only wake up if it hears sound.
Please ensure that your Muvi Pro is not in the sound activation mode. In this mode the Muvi Pro will record automatically as soon as the sound in the area reaches 65 decibels. The start/stop record button does not function when the Muvi Pro is in this mode. This mode is activated by having both the power switch and the VOX switch in the ‘on’ position. To return to normal mode, turn off the VOX switch.
To record whilst connected to the PC, you need to install the software that is provided with the product. Open MDCap_en, and turn both the VOX switch and power switch on. Then under ‘Capture’ you can choose ‘Start capture’ to record whilst connected to the computer. Please note that this feature is not available when using a Mac operating system.
Please ensure that you have inserted your micro SD card as the Muvi Pro does not have an internal memory. Alternatively, if you have inserted your micro SD card, it may need formatting.
Unfortunately the date and time stamp is a permanent function on the Muvi Pro and cannot be removed.
Firstly you need to install everything from the software disc that came with your Muvi Pro.
1. Double click the ‘Set Time’ short cut on desktop or select from Start Menu.
2. ‘Update Time’ box appears.
3. Select browse and choose removable disk.
4. Select update and following message should appear: “Device Time update completely, please pull it out and restart the device immediately in order to synchronize the time with the computer” Time should now be synched with the computer’s time.
As all Mac computers are now provided with in built webcams the Muvi webcam software is not compatible with Mac operating systems. You do not need any software to view and play your files on a Mac computer. You simply need to connect your Muvi using the USB cable and turn the power on. The Muvi will then appear as a removable disc on the desktop.